Sony has released camera firmware update 1.20 for Sony A7, A7R, A7S, A7II and a6000 cameras which provides improved function for the latest Sony FE lenses: FE 24-240mm F3.5-5.6, FE 35mm F1.4, FE 28mm F2 and FE 90mm F2.8 Macro
Improvements over version 1.10:
• Improves camera function and provides picture improvement for the new lenses (SEL35F14Z, SEL24240, SEL28F20, SEL90M28G)
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.20:
• Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.
• Provides support for the SEL70200G lens:
• Supports the “Fast Hybrid AF” function and future Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses
• Adds the “Focus hold button” function
• Reduces start-up time when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
• Improves image quality
• Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and additional features for previously supported apps:
• Supports the “Liveview Grading” and “Smooth Reflection” applications
• Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the “Time-lapse” application ver. 2.00 and later
Before you attempt to update a camera, PLEASE READ & FOLLOW all the directions very carefully! Shut down every other application on your computer. Remove you camera memory card and Disable any pop-ups or security software
MAC 10.10 YOSEMITE USERS PLEASE NOTE:
MAC 10.10 Yosemite users if you have not already done so, you will need to first install Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader before running any updates.